Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello everyone.

What does it mean? I find this phrase on the tag of my tea and I really don't undertsand what it mean.

Thanks in advance.
Boris.

virus99

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Twi
Home Country
Bhutan
Current Location
Tuvalu
Hello everyone.

What does it mean? I find this phrase on the tag of my tea and I really don't undertsand what it mean.

Thanks in advance.
Boris.

Hi!

First, I like your avatar!

Second, I think it should be 'Patience pays off': You will be rewarded for being patient.

Not a teacher!

Last edited:

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance.
Boris.

"Patience pays (off)" means that you will be rewarded for patience. (not always true)

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
"Patience pays (off)" means that you will be rewarded for patience. (not always true)
Yes, but the OP is asking about "Patience pays mea[n]ing", I think. Perhaps he needs to read the tea leaves again to make sure of the quote.

Oh, I just realised that he could be trying to ask the meaning of "Patience pays". If that's the case, Boris, it's very important that you learn to delineate your examples in some way. We normally use quote marks.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
If it says "Patience pays" on the tag attached to your teabag, it means "If you are patient and give your tea time to infuse, you will appreciate the flavour of it more than you would if you were to be impatient and drink it too soon.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
If it says "Patience pays" on the tag attached to your teabag, it means "If you are patient and give your tea time to infuse, you will appreciate the flavour of it more than you would if you were to be impatient and drink it too soon.
It could also mean that the tea company uses patience in letting their tea trees grow for longer to get a richer taste instead of cutting them as soon as they are mature. Maybe patience is part of their whole marketing campaign.
What brand is it, Boris?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
It could also mean that the tea company uses patience in letting there tea trees grow for longer to get a richer taste instead of cutting them as soon as they are mature. Maybe patience is part of their whole marketing campaign.
What brand is it, Boris?

Yes, that's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.