Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Hello ,The time from my home to school is around an hour,i would like to learning English listening in this period of time,i always cant catch the word easily,what kind of listening material would suit me ?any good idea ? like any English funny radio program ?
Thanks a lot :)

PS:I am a Hong Kong college student ,IELTS listening 6

Last edited:

chrischai

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Not a teacher (added by moderator)

Hello ,The time from my home to school is around an hour,i would like to learning English listening in this period of time,i always cant catch the word easily,what kind of listening material would suit me ?any good idea ? like any English funny radio program ?
Thanks a lot :)

PS:I am a Hong Kong college student ,IELTS listening 6

You may install BBC 6 minutes English or BBC english we speak in your smart phone....or some english learning applications

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
chrischai, please read this extract from the forum's Posting Guidelines:

You are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly at the top of your post.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello. The time from my home to school is around an hour. I would like to use this time to learn[strike]ing[/strike] English by listening. [STRIKE]in this period of time,[/STRIKE] I can't always [STRIKE]cant[/STRIKE] catch the words easily. What kind of listening material would suit me? Any good ideas? [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] For example, any funny English [STRIKE]funny[/STRIKE] radio programmes?
Thanks a lot. :)

PS:I am a Hong Kong college student, IELTS listening 6.

If you have internet access on your phone, you can listen to English-speaking radio stations while you travel. Not all BBC sites are available all over the world but you will be able to find some.

You could try listening to The Archers - a long-running radio soap opera in the UK.

Please look at the amendments I made to your post in red. Be careful with your punctuation and remember the following rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Last edited:

Odessa Dawn

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia

hangwingc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Thanks for your advice and correction ^^
Listening radio seems a good choice,and i have internet a access on my phone.

hangwingc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Thanks for sharing^^

Status
Not open for further replies.