Interested in Language
Suppose that I am chatting to a girl on PalTalk Messenger.
1. Do you have a picture of yours?
2. Do you have a picture of yourself?
3. Do you have a picture of you?
Which one is correct?
Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.
What if we say;
4. This is the picture of you.
5. This is the picture of yourself.
6. This is the picture of yours.
Again, number 5 is correct right?
I don't know the context here, but the other person would likely recognize his/her own picture. I am not sure what you want to say.
Pope of the Dictionary.com Forum