Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
This letter has several small defects in English. But honestly, in this circumstance, there is no need need to correct them. You will be attaching your CV and Master's thesis. That is what the prof will care about. He will understand that you are Indian and that your dialect of English is not important. Just let her rip, and best of luck to you.

minaaaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Germany
hi

Last edited:

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
My thesis director was a head of department for 10 years, then Principal of a college for another 10. We still have dinner every month or two. He has helped me through many, many such letters -- he received them by the thousands every year.

Here is what I know: it should be 2 full pages, and should show you know the "Dr." you're writing to: what his/her research is in, how that relates (in detail) to what you have been working on (in detail); you should also show you know other people at his department, and what they do, and what interests you in their work. Plus, no one wants to read your thesis just yet, don't mail it!

The letter you have written, as is, would immediately be put into the "no" pile. A very large pile.

Really.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Much more than we harmless drudges are usually able to supply for such a question: high-quality advice from a real academic. Study it carefully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.