Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think that good, clear writing is 70% good, clear thinking and 20% grammar/syntax and 10% good style.

I think someone writing in a second language will have the hardest time with the style. You still have some work to do on the other 90%. Why don't you write your response to that prompt again, but in good, clear sentences following a good, clear plan?

Last edited by a moderator:

mglad

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
according to these scores any recommendations to improve the writing ???

Dear Santonica,

When it comes to writing better, I like to follow Larry King's advice: "Write. Rewrite. When not writing or rewriting, read."

You can write on this forum, and I'm sure you will get feedback.
You've already received some, and I would be happy to help too!

I also use these other two places to write regularly: Medium (https://medium.com/) and DailyThem.es (http://www.dailythem.es).
I personally prefer the latter because there's often good peer feedback.

For reading, I suggest the New York Times (The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia) and the Economist (The Economist - World News, Politics, Economics, Business & Finance).
I find the New York times a lighter read.

Good luck!

mglad

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Experimental science is one type of many fields that has been evolved in the recent years.This justified by the large amount of experiments that have been carried on animals.

Okay here we go - let's try to edit this:

that has been evolved
That has evolved

This justified
This is (?) justified

in the recent years
in recent years

have been carried on animals
have been carried out on animals

in the recent years
in recent years

This justified by the large amount of experiments that have been carried on animals.
What does this sentence mean? Are you trying to say: "This was made possible by the large amount of ..." OR "This has justified the large amount of ..."? These two are very different meanings.

large amount of
"amount" is used for uncountable nouns (like oxygen). For countable nouns like "experiments", use "many" or, if you must, "large number of experiments".

I'm SO sorry for such detailed edits. If it makes you unhappy or depressed, I'm super sorry - just let me know and I'll stop!

santonica

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Absolutely,not.I am not angry with you because of your corrections. I n fact, I have to say that those details I might know well but when someone pointed to them, its great.
Also next time when I am going to write again those points would be considered so, I can upgrade my writing and get the lost half mark.
So, go on with the corrections and I will post more to get more advices and corrections.
Thank you for doing this work for me.

santonica

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
If you encouraged me with some valuable advices and notes like this,I will reset an appointment for the IELTS exam and celebrate the triumph here with you all.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I would take some time and practise before rushing in.

santonica

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
If you encouraged me with some valuable advices and notes like this,I will reset an appointment for the IELTS exam and celebrate the triumph here with you all.

It seems that I have just managed to write a clear sentence without errors. Previously,I posted her my opinion about reading news papers are sometimes irrelevant to IELTS topics. Now, my opinion has changed as I found out on BBC website plenty of topics either written or audio presentations that help. I can rewrite some of them here so we can discuse over them.

santonica

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I wonder when I will be able to post a complete essay of 250 words ?
In other words, what is the minimum posts that I have to make to be able to write long posts like that. I wrote an excellent essay yesterday but it has not appeared. I can not stand losing more . So are there any thing I can do to overcome this ?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

santonica

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Do you mean that I have to write the question first or the arguments being discussed ?
I thought I can not post it as my posts is still under minimum limit to do so.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You can post simple text of as many words as you like. Though shorter essays will be read more quickly.
You should post the prompt so we know what you're trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.