Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hi, respected seniors and juniors, I am new on this forum and not a native speaker of English. I hope that this forum would be beneficial for me in future. I wanna know all the differences between could and would with examples.

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, [STRIKE]respected seniors and juniors,[/STRIKE] I am new on this forum and not a native speaker of English. I hope that this forum [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] will be beneficial for me in future. I [STRIKE]wanna[/STRIKE] want to know all the differences between "could" and "would" with examples.

Thanks. [STRIKE]in anticipation.[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Regards[/STRIKE]

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, please look at the amendments I have made to your post. There is no need to use any kind of salutation, especially something like "seniors and juniors" which means nothing to us. Make sure you use standard English words when using the forum (not "wanna", for example).

Your question is far too broad to be dealt with here. We do not replace grammar books or your own research and study. If you have a specific question about a sentence with "could" or "would" in it, then feel free to post it here and we will endeavour to answer it. We don't provide the examples - you do.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
If you type your thread title in the Google Custom Search box near the top of the page you will find links to previous answers to your question.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
That's fine. I'll try my best to follow the standards next time. :)

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, please look at the amendments I have made to your post. There is no need to use any kind of salutation, especially something like "seniors and juniors" which means nothing to us. Make sure you use standard English words when using the forum (not "wanna", for example).

Your question is far too broad to be dealt with here. We do not replace grammar books or your own research and study. If you have a specific question about a sentence with "could" or "would" in it, then feel free to post it here and we will endeavour to answer it. We don't provide the examples - you do.
With due respect, you can see that this query was asked almost in the same tone as mine, but was answered. Anyways, I am sorry for the mistake.
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ask-teacher/23708-could-would-how-use-them-properly.html

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
With due respect, you can see that this query was asked almost in the same tone as mine, but was answered. Anyways, I am sorry for the mistake.
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ask-teacher/23708-could-would-how-use-them-properly.html

Back in 2006 when that thread was in progress, it's possible that this site wasn't quite so busy and people might have had the time and the inclination to answer such broad questions. The same cannot be said of the situation now.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
With due respect, you can see that this query was asked almost in the same tone as mine, but was answered.

And now that we have shown you how to find it, you are able to reap the benefit without our having to go to the same trouble all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.