• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

recommondation needed

English teachers:

I am looking for exercises which enable me to get familiar with usage of common vocabulary and common collocations. Things like choosing the proper words for example, historic vs historical, experience(s) vs experience, extensive vs intensive and etc.

I've looked through some of the SAT verbal practice but found most of them uncommon words and unpractical. So is there any vocab practice which fits my description?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: recommondation needed

Quote Originally Posted by LeTyan View Post
    English teachers:

I am looking for exercises which enable me to get familiar with usage of common vocabulary and common collocations. Things like choosing the proper words for example, historic vs historical, experience(s) vs experience, extensive vs intensive and etc.

I've looked through some of the SAT verbal practice but found most of them uncommon words and unpractical. So is there any vocab practice which fits my description?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you!
    Not a teacher.

I'd cleared SAT 2 years ago. I use to live in Mclean VA where I use to take SAT lessons from C2 educational Learning Center in our local and their study material are sufficient enough for clearing. If you wish I can give away my SAT studying material but that's 2 years old. Yet beneficial and would help you a lot in this upcoming SAT examinations. However, if you wish to get the latest material then I would suggest you to contact any student of C2 Learning Center in your area and collect all the study materials from him for free.
    Last edited by kristindalton; 26-Aug-2014 at 08:04. Reason: Added "Not a teacher" and removed unauthorised commercial link