• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Lightbulb problem with using verbs

Hi English experts!

I'm learning English;i'm good but i make some mistakes in verb tenses and preposition( why English has a lot of prepositions??).
    I practice verb tenses a lot.especially online.but when i want to speak;i can't use them.

And my next problem is: how can i improve my vocabulary skill? i read a lot of English readings but i forget every words ...
    Do you know any website learning vocabulary? I'm sure that there is lots of interesting ways to learn vocabulary.But i don't discover them.
    thank you for paying me attention

( And excuse me if my English is not good in writting)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: problem with using verbs

Welcome to the forum.

The first thing you can improve is your written English. Follow these rules:

- Start every sentences with a capital letter.
    - Always capitalise the word "I".
    - End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
    - Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
    - Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

If you click the "Edit Post" button in the bottom right-hand corner of your first post, you can make the relevant changes. This will make your post much easier to read and then we can start to answer your specific questions.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Don't try to learn a lot of vocabulary at once- it's easy to forget things that way. Learn words over time and recycle them so they go into long-term memory.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

I'm learning English and Spanish as well. Look: you can study every day a lot of words, you can know rather than one thousand words, but you don't know where you can use them. First of all, keep practing as much as you can. Try to find some pen-pals for voice conversation or just chatting. Try to use new words which you have learnt recently. I absolutely sure that practice is essential in studying. My English isn't pretty good, but I have a dream: I want to be a polyglot and translator, therefore I'll never give up.
    Don't forget that language studying is very difficult process. Try to think in English, try to use English every time.

How to expand your vocabulary?

It's intresting question. My vocabulary isn't huge, but I try to expand it by reading English literature, watching films and listening songs (Be careful, English songs not always correct or natural). Look around, and think: do you know every name of things in your room? If you don't know something - go and learn them.

You can use web-sites like these: https://www.vocabulary.com/ and Vocabla: learn English vocabulary. Free words, lists, flashcards, games, translations.

Boris, from cold Moscow.
    Please, correct all my mistakes. I should know English perfectly and if you show me my mistakes I will achieve my dream a little bit faster. A lot of thanks.

Not a teacher nor a native speaker.