[Grammar] The purpose of the Interconnect '94 conference is to "bring together instructors and

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The purpose of the Interconnect '94 conference is to "bring together instructors and

Hello teachers,

"The purpose of the Interconnect '94 conference is to "bring together instructors and trainers from various backgrounds to discuss the challenges facing teachers today."

I think the bold word above is an adjective which describes or modifies the word "challenges". Can I rewrite the above sentence putting the bold word before the word "challenges"? Because I remember that I got an answer on this forum that adjectives can be used either before or after of a noun. But I don't really remember what type of adjectives they are.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Re: The purpose of the Interconnect '94 conference is to "bring together instructors

'Facing' is a participle, with 'teachers' as its direct object. It cannot go before 'challenges'. It effectively means the same as 'which face'.

kite

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Re: The purpose of the Interconnect '94 conference is to "bring together instructors

Hi 5j, Can we write the context in another way? Like "The purpose of the Interconnect '94 conference is to "bring together instructors and trainers from various backgrounds to discuss the challenges that are faced by teachers today."

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Hi 5j, Can we write the context in another way? Like "The purpose of the Interconnect '94 conference is to "bring together instructors and trainers from various backgrounds to discuss the challenges that are faced by teachers today."

Yes.

kite

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

Can I contract my last sentence? If so how can I do it? I am trying "The purpose of the Interconnect '94 conference is to "bring together instructors and trainers from various backgrounds to discuss the challenges faced by teachers today." Is it okay?

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Can I contract my last sentence? If so how can I do it? I am trying "The purpose of the Interconnect '94 conference is to "bring together instructors and trainers from various backgrounds to discuss the challenges faced by teachers today." Is it okay?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.