[General] What's the core of the joke in this video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

englishhobby

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Heres a link to a video about London (I am going to teach my students to speak on the topic "City" soon, so I am looking for some suitable material in the Internet).

London - A Tour Guide for the Naive - YouTube

As to the general description of the city, I understand it allright, but then the presenter starts a conversation with some londoners and gets confused and I was simply terrified:shock:, because I didn't understand what was funny about it all (just very vaguely, that what the man says is being misinterpreted by londoners). :-?

I realise that it would be very time consuming for you to write a script for this video, but could you just give me a "cultural comment" on it, so that I could get the fun? (starting from about minute 8 and on)

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Heres a link to a video about London (I am going to teach my students to speak on the topic "City" soon, so I am looking for some suitable material in the Internet).

London - A Tour Guide for the Naive - YouTube

As to the general description of the city, I understand it allright, but then the presenter starts a conversation with some londoners and gets confused and I was simply terrified:shock:, because I didn't understand what was funny about it all (just very vaguely, that what the man says is being misinterpreted by londoners). :-?

I realise that it would be very time consuming for you to write a script for this video, but could you just give me a "cultural comment" on it, so that I could get the fun? (starting from about minute 8 and on)

I didn't watch much of it, but I did not find a core joke. I also didn't find it very funny.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
It's supposed to be an 'alternative' funny guide to London. I don't find it funny either. I don't think it would of much use to your students.

Status
Not open for further replies.