Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear All,

When I am reading a new paper article, I came across this line which says, " Considering that two immediate determinants of inflation are directly under the govt's control - the fiscal deficit and management of food stocks - Rajan's refusal, on grounds of inflation dangers, to bring the repo rate down, amounts to telling the government to act."

Could you please help me in understanding the structure of this sentence?

Regards,

Kiran

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
- Rajan's refusal, on grounds of inflation dangers, to bring the repo rate down,(delete comma) amounts to telling the government to act.

That's the heart of it.

Considering that two immediate determinants of inflation (the fiscal deficit and management of food stocks) are directly under the govt's control

That is the writer's explanation of his/her interpretation of what Rajan's refusal represents.

Last edited:

kiranlegend

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you..

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your appreciation is welcome but there is no need to write a new post to say thank you. Simply click the Like button on any posts you find helpful. It means that we don't have to open the thread again to read your new post and then find that it doesn't include any new information or an additional question.​

Status
Not open for further replies.