Student or Learner
Native Language
Kannada
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
LETTER OF MOTIVATION

Education is a building block for every human being. The knowledge gained from education will remain in our lives forever. This knowledge helps in achieving success. Learning new things every day develops the ideas of discovering new things and gaining more knowledge from it. Life science has been my interest and passion from childhood. From my school days my teachers and parents have motivated and supported my interest in Life Science. Due to this support and encouragement I have gained good knowledge in Life Science.
From my childhood I have been dedicated to pursue my goal in Life Science. From Class five I started participating in quizzes and competitions held related to Life Science and have also won few competitions. Due to this, Life Science has always been my fascination and more of miracle to me. This developed a special flair towards biology and it is that interest that has persuaded me to take Biology as one of the majors in my 12th grade and Biotechnology as a major subject in the course of under graduation.
I had the fortune to pursue my course of Bachelor degree in Biotechnology at R V College of Engineering one of the reputed colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka (India) . The exposure that I have received here, has strengthened my resolve to further explore the field of Biotechnology.
The course is multi-faceted in its content comprising Microbiology, Concepts in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, Bioinformatics, Enzyme Technology, Microbial Biotechnology, Food and Agricultural Biotechnology, Plant Biotechnology, Fermentation Technology and few more. My deep rooted interest in this field has enabled me to obtain first class with distinction marks in all semesters and I am sure that the final results will justify my interests and boost my confidence. Since I have basic expertise in all the above mentioned fields, I am confident to pursue Masters in the field of Biotechnology. Out of which Food and Plant Technology being my major interests.
Confidence and will power are my biggest strengths, which I developed when I took many seminars and presentations in my class, I ensured that they were well explored as they had to be intellectual and crisp and was delivered with confidence in an easily comprehensible language. Other than the theory papers, my undergraduate program had Excellent lab workshops which acted as a catalyst to my desire of assimilating the maximum from the coursework. I have an avid curiosity for delving deep into these subjects and this has motivated me to pursue Master Degree.
During the undergraduate course I got opportunities to participate in many conferences. I had presented a poster on ‘Genetically modified Foods’ in Second National Conference on Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Bioengineering held by Society of Applied Biotechnology at Kolhapur, Maharashtra. And also participated in a one week training program on ‘Animal Cell Culture’ held by OCT Therapies at Department of Biotechnology, R V College of Engineering, Bangalore. This added my interests to explore deeper into the field of Biotechnology.
Apart from the presentations I had also participated and volunteered in many extracurricular activities. I was a part of Creative Organizing Committee in ‘Helix-2011’ a techno-cultural extravaganza held at Department of Biotechnology, R V College of Engineering, Bangalore, and also volunteered in ‘8[SUP]th[/SUP] Mile’ a national level techno-cultural extravaganza held at R V College of Engineering, Bangalore 2012.
During my seventh semester I got an opportunity to work under the guidance of Dr. H G Ashok Kumar, Head of Department, Department of Biotechnology, R V College of Engineering, Bangalore. Where I worked on a project titled “Saccharification of fruit rinds for the production of ethanol”. This project was presented as paper in a conference held by Biozone wherein it received the “Best Paper Award” by Biozone at IIT Chennai, India.
To further nourish my research interest, I joined INSTITUTE OF ANIMAL HEALTH AND VETERINARY BIOLOGICALS, Hebbal, Bangalore, a renowned name in vaccine and animal health industry as a summer intern (2013). I am deeply thankful for having got an opportunity for working in the sero-epidemiology laboratory and vaccine Quality Control Department on the project titled “Identification of a pathogenic Clostridium isolate using molecular phylogeny and peptidomics” wherein I studied the identification of Clostridium into Species level using advanced techniques like MALDI-TOF MS and 16s rRNA gene sequencing. This industrial experience was enriching, allowed me to view directly all the theory learned in my classes in a practical manner. From this internship, I have got a glimpse of the rigorousness of lab work along with the excitement and anticipation for the pure exhilaration of a positive result.
Education in Germany is subsidized by the Government. It is one of the country which encourages free education. Many Universities provides opportunities to international students for a purposeful cultural mix. Historically Germany is a land for arising new and advanced technologies. In last few years Germany started offering lot of of Technical Programs in English. This program helped many international students to pursue their Master’s studies in Germany. Students also have the opportunity to get involved in the ongoing Research Projects at the University and also help them to build career and to earn invaluable experience.

My ultimate aim is to utilize the knowledge and training which I would receive through my Master’s degree at your esteem Institute and to work in the Biotech industry where I will look forward to hone and strengthen my practical skills. I hope to create an effectual technology for future, which will add value to human life. I eagerly look forward to join your university as a student.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a question for us?