[Essay] College Essays due Tomorrow ( Uchicago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabyyoyi02

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Cuba
Current Location
United States
Hello! I'm applying to some schools via QuestBridge and the deadline is tomorrow, If someone could please read my essay and tell me what they think I would really appreciate it.
How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to UChicago.
I am not the country type of girl. I have always dreamed of living in a big city, filled with skyscrapers, glowing lights and opportunities. I have always dreamed of living in Chicago. The first time I saw the greatness of this city, I was about 7 years old, and in the TV they were playing the famous film “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off". I was astonished with the beauty of the city, with the huge amount of people walking in the streets, with a happiness I had never witnessed anywhere else. I was amazed with Ferris Bueller's adventure, and I replayed the movie several times, to relive his day off, to relive Chicago.
The University of Chicago is centrally located in Illinois. The location of the University opens the door to explore vast opportunities, ranging from internship to working with the most notable companies in the country. Having the privilege to grow beyond the walls of the campus is incredible, because it sets the students of U Chicago apart by allowing them to have a hand on experience in the real world. The academic life in U Chicago is intensive and broad; every student has the opportunity to achieve their full potential. I love learning, and I wish to major in a field related to science, in order to later pursue a career in medicine. The University of Chicago would be a perfect match for me and my future plans, because it would intensify my love for learning, by alimenting it with the unique academic challenges found in the University. The University of Chicago also hosts an event that has always fascinated me: the Scav. This is the annual scavenger hunt, which is the largest in the world. In this activity, the students immerse into the city to find around 318 weird and wacky items. This activity also brings the student body closer together, creating an ambiance of home. I wish to assist to the University of Chicago next fall because it is one of the foremost leaders in science research, and it would be a unique experience to undertake research in the Argonne National Laboratory and to talk with the leaders of the scientific world.
The opportunities offered by the University of Chicago are countless, and the effects they would have on my life as a student are immeasurable. I would not only graduate with a diploma, but also with a knowledge and experience, am sure no other university can provide.
Words entered: 412

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
We like to help when we can, but we don't help with homework assignments. Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.