Bhai.I've done an exercise on prepositions found on the net but there are some sentences that I am not sure. I really need your help because I want to prepare this exercise for my students. It would be wonderful if you can give some explanations. The keys are in red (but they are done by non native speaker) and my choices are underlined.
1. Everything they say is to no account. This is wrong.
2. On no account I give her an apology. This is ungrammatical.
3. There are some new arrivals in/ at my class. "in" is correct.
4. I feel more at/ with ease when I stay with my parents. "at" is correct.
5. He meet her on/ in the street. Both are correct.
6. She entered for/ with the beauty contest. "for" is correct.
7. Of fever, she went off school. This doesn't make sense.
8. I don’t have money with/ about me. "with" is correct.
9. Apples are sold in/ by the dozen. "by" is correct.
10. I live on the fourth floor. He lives above/ over me on the fifth floor. "above"
11. He sits on/ down his bicycle, riding everywhere. "on"
12. The bill of/ for the water supply came to $ 55. "for"
Please help me.
Student or Learner