[Grammar] Rewrite passage by making necessary corrections ( fragments and run-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Twi
Home Country
Ghana
Current Location
Ghana
I remember my childhood as being generally happy and can recall experiencing some of the most carefree times of my life. But I can also remember, even more vividly, other moments. When I was deeply frightened. As a child, I was truly terrified of the dark and of getting lost. These fears were very real, they caused me some extremely uncomfortable moments. Maybe it was the strange way things looked and sounded in my familiar room at night. That scared me so much. The street light outside or passing car lights would create shadows in my room. As a result, clothes hung over a chair,taking on the shape of unknown beast. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw curtains move when there was no breeze. A faint creek in the floor would sound a hundred times louder than in daylight, my imagination would take over. Creating burglars and monsters on the prowl. Because darkness always made me feel so helpless. I would lie there motionless so that the “enemy” would not discover me.Another of my childhood fears was that I would get lost. Especially on the way home from school. After school, all the buses lined up along the curb I was terrified that I 'd get the wrong one. Scanning the bus windows for the faces of my friends. I 'd also look to make sure that the bus driver was the same one I had in the morning.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello dankie, and welcome to Using English.

Please note we cannot help with homework. Your teacher needs to see what you can do yourself. After you submit it to your teacher, if your teacher has made comments you don't understand, please ask us then.

If this is not homework (self-study, etc.) then please make your best attempt at the assignment first.

No one will simply perform the task for you. That doesn't help you learn at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.