Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi everyone,

I am new here. Thank you at first for your coming and taking look at my question.

Our shipment has arrived but for clearance they need a letter from T.R.A. So I have written a letter to T.R.A for their approval so that our shipment get released

I am not sure I am writing it right. Could anyone of you please view it and give me some comments?

Thank you a lot!

==================================================================

Dated: xx.xx.xxx
To,

Tele Reg Aut

Dear Sir,

We need an approval from your side for the clearance of shipment from the port. This shipment contains wireless link which is for one of the projects for Ministry. We have purchased above goods from:

Address of the supplier.

The contents of this consignment are as follows:

Wireless Link: 2
Copper Cable 100M: 4

Antenna: 4

We have received the documents of above consignment and we will clear the goods through our clearing agent.

Attached with this letter are all the documents of shipment and the copy of invoice, certificate of origin, LPO and quotation for your reference.

Kindly do the needful and oblige
Thanking you,

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Firstly, I would not use "Dear" and "Sir". The terms contradict each other. "Dear" seems to be less formal and "Sir" strikes a more formal tone. I think the term, "Sir" would be sufficient given the circumstance.
'Dear Sir' is perfectly acceptable in BrE.

Status
Not open for further replies.