[Cover Letter] What do u think? Is this "DULL" Motivation Letter? Check me out Please! HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gweskabiru

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Netherlands
What do u think? Is this "DULL" Motivation Letter? Check me out Please! HELP!!

I am planning to apply for master program in Biotech and Process Eng next March. I FEEL it's not ready to be sent YET! I feel it's so DULL and Standard, Can u guys give some opinions or give me some inspiration??

Here the Letter! Hope u don't get sleepy after reading it. :(

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to apply for a Master of Science in Biotechnology and Process Engineering at xxx starting in March 2014. My main motivation is to become Professional Process Engineer in the field of process engineering and biological science interface.

At school, I developed a great interest in the basic sciences and mathematics because I was amazed by the role science and mathematics played in helping mankind lead a better life. Fermentation for making alcohol and various foods, the use of enzymes for tanning leather, the use of bacteria for biological waste treatment and the production of antibiotics from mold culture, have been used and developed in the past are the examples of the role played by sciences and mathematics in helping mankind.

This interest has led me to choose diploma studies majoring chemical engineering in xxx in xxx and graduated on 2006. I have undertaken various courses like Heat and Mass transfer, Mass and Energy Balance, Thermodynamics, Mechanical Operations, Process Control, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Basic Bioprocess etc. which have introduced me to various theoretical concepts and methods which are widely used in chemical industry. Soon after graduation, I worked as a Production Staff at xxx, one of Vaccine Manufacturer, in xxx. It was there that my interest was kindled and I was amazed in how the relation between basic sciences and engineering could generate processes and products that helped in treating disease and create healthy aspect of our lives. I was very fortunate to be part of experienced process engineers team and being trained in various vaccine production during this time before stationed in Diphtheria Vaccine Production.

Awarded by the prestigious and highly competitive xxx Scholarship Program, allows me to have chance in receiving another Bachelor degree by performing final year in Life Sciences at xxx in the xxx. Various new courses were introduced like Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics, etc which have enriched my knowledge in biotechnology. Complementing my academic performance are my advanced skills in leadership and communication. During my study in the xxx, I joined xxx, xxx Student Organization in xxx, as a treasurer. I am responsible for arranging and keeping fund of the organization. Several charities and educational programs have been held, like arranging Charity Program to raise fund for the Eruption victims of xxx in xxx, arrange several Musical and Cultural performances to introduce xxx culture to the society, etc. By donating my time as a treasurer and organization member, I learned to arrange different people and with differences we can make something useful for others.

Passion in life sciences and chemical engineering has led me to work as a Research Technician at the Department of Medical Biochemistry of the xxx at xxx from April 2009 till 2013. I worked with several research projects mostly focusing on yeast biology using molecular biology and protein biochemistry as main research approaches. Cloning, expressing and purifying different proteins in different host like bacteria and yeast in batch production are my daily tools in order to answer our research question. Recently, I have been able setting up and applying a procedure for the discovery of novel protein interactors in the fission yeast S.pombe and the human yeast pathogen Candida albicans. This result had been confirmed and we are currently in the process of writing up this work for publication. Besides working on my own research projects, I have also assisted over the year a PhD student and several bachelors and masters students on their research projects. I have to guide them in explaining several techniques in the lab and also allow them to acquaint with experimental procedures.

Having hands-on experienced working within commercial industry and research group for four years had passionate me to continue further education to become a Master student and subsequently establish my career as a Professional Process Engineer in the field of process engineering and biological science interface.

It would be a great privilege to be able to do my graduate studies at xxx, and I am quite confident that I will match the high standards set by your university. Having a Master of Science in Biotechnology and Process Engineering from your university will go a long way in preparing me for a fruitful career development in the future. I am sure that exposure to cutting edge facilities and interaction with renowned faculty at your university will help develop my knowledge and versatility and help me to face stiff global competition.

Thank you for considering the application. I am looking forward to the opportunity to study at your university and to make a great contribution to our community.

Yours faithfully,

YR

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Re: What do u think? Is this "DULL" Motivation Letter? Check me out Please! HELP!!

I am planning to apply for master program in Biotech and Process Eng next March. I FEEL it's not ready to be sent YET! I feel it's so DULL and Standard, Can u guys give some opinions or give me some inspiration??

Here the Letter! Hope u don't get sleepy after reading it. :(
It's almost bound to be boring. I didn't read it, but anyone who uses 'u' for 'you' has probably spent most of their life on the internet or texting.
Anyhow, ignoring that, they are not expecting to be entertained by your letter. If you make it too exciting, they might decide you could not handle the mundane routine of post-graduate work in science.

Status
Not open for further replies.