Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Costa Rica
Hello! This is my first post so please forgive me if this is in the wrong spot!

I am enrolled in an intensive (4 week) TEFL program and I have my first "mini-lesson" on Monday. I am working on my written lesson plan and one of the sample plans in our manual has both a Targeted Language box and an Anticipated Vocabulary box, and I am wondering if they are different and if so, how? Any help/advice/general good wishes and reassurance I won't pass out my first lesson would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Kate

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

The rules here are the same for trainee teachers as they are for learners - we do not help with homework or assignments. One of the challenges in an intensive course is the amount of research you have to put in every night if you are not particularly knowledgable about the subject. Coming here and asking people to give you the answers is not research. Your tutor wants to see what you know, not what we know.

Good luck with your course.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
There is also the point that your tutors are there to help you. If you are not clear about any of your assignments, then ask them. They should tell you exactly what they require of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.