Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi,

I am trying to learn the but still not very confident. Please let me know if I have used "the" properly in following paragraph

I was worried because there were just 3 people in one of my Sunday's class. Now the count has increased as there were 7 people in the last class so it seems people were on vacation that time… but still I wanted to raise it so that we can adjust if needed. I would definitely like to observe Maua's class.

Thanks in advance.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Your use of 'the' is fine. But it's not clear to me what the first sentences means - particularly 'my Sunday's class'. Some context might justify it, but.... Do you mean 'the class I observed on Sunday'?

b

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Thanks, its my class which I teach. I also want to know why "the" is required before count? "Count" is a uncountable noun. Thanks, Gauri

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks, it's my class which I teach. I also want to know why "the" is required before "count"? "Count" is a uncountable noun. Thanks, Gauri

As a teacher, it is very important that your English in this forum is as close to perfect as possible. Other learners will read your posts and assume they are correct because you are a teacher.

Which dictionary told you that "count" is only an uncountable noun?

Status
Not open for further replies.