Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Please, discuss...
" I knew that the expenses in this business were high and I had been obliged to pay attention on them.I've been overdraft for several months and I'm afraid of the bank will lose trust on me and it's also possible to split up connection with me."

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please, discuss...
" I knew that the expenses in this business were high and I had been obliged to pay attention on them.I've been overdraft for several months and I'm afraid of the bank will lose trust on me and it's also possible to split up connection with me."

I'm not sure why you started with "Please discuss". Do you want us to tell us about the errors in your sentences or would you like us to have a chat about the expenses incurred by businesses and why the bank might give up on you because you're overdrawn?

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I want you to check my grammar mistakes.
In "give up" I mean to split up,stop contact with me,because I'm always overdrawn and have problems with the bank.

anhnha

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
***NOT A TEACHER***

Englishlearner, please note this:

When you write in English, follow these main rules:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
- Capitalise all proper nouns (English, The Hobbit, JRR Tolkien, Russian).
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Do not put a space after an opening quotation mark.
- Do not put a space before a closing quotation mark.
( courtesy of emsr2d2)

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Please correct my sentence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please, discuss...

I knew that the expenses in this business were high and I have been forced to pay attention to them. I have been overdrawn for several months and I'm afraid the bank will stop supporting me as a result.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
So, my main mistakes often are that I use unsuitable words in exact situation, but it's hard for me to choose proper one. I can't understand why I can't use "lose trust" or "split up" that kind of situation?

Last edited:
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Also why "have been forced" is written in this tense? Shouldn't it be the action which happend before first action? ("I had been forced" happaned before "I knew")

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please re-read your posts #7 and #8, bearing in mind the spacing and punctuation rules which you were given in post #4 and then check the spelling in both posts. There are some very lazy mistakes there.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The spelling mistakes in post #8 are still there.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Also why is "have been forced" [strike]is[/strike] written in this tense? Shouldn't it be the action which [strike]happend[/strike] happened before the first action? ("I had been forced" [strike]happaned[/strike] happened before "I knew".)

You clearly have a problem with the spelling of the word "happened".

I assumed that you had recently been forced to really look at the business expenses and were still doing so, leading me to use "have been forced".

Status
Not open for further replies.