• Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

Help!

I need to prepare a statement of interest on my chosen research field in 200 words for a highly competitive PhD prize studentship. Kindly, go through the drafted statement of interest and suggest for improvements, if any. It's very urgent! Thanks in advance!

When I was fifteen, my great grandfather became a prostate cancer victim and passed away. His death suffused me with something: a lifelong passion to research on developing better ways to diagnose and treat prostate cancer.

My academic and professional competence, capacitates me to carry out reasearch work on the utility of Shear Wave Optical Coherence Elastography (SHW-OCE) technique for detecting Gleason grades of prostate cancer. This project aims to develop SHW-OCE instrumentation to evaluate the volume, location and stiffness of prostate cancer, as well as obtaining statistical data for tumor cells characterization. The proposal intends to provide better disease management and improved lives to prostate cancer patients by using SHW-OCE for real-time ultrahigh resolution imaging.

I am a determined, bright, broad-minded and cordial individual, exceptionally fit to undertake doctoral degree on prostate cancer, and I believe to fulfill my deep-rooted ambition by winning this scholarship. My recent disappointment was not being selected for a PhD position due to financial limitations, which has further intensified my determination to be strong and successful in achieving my goals. Furthermore, with the fusion of flavorful culture, high-tech science and legacy of Scotland, my life will doubtlessly get unfolded with further research opportunities.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help!

We like to help when we can, but we can't help when the person reading your work expects to judge your work, not ours.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help!

Quote Originally Posted by swatibarwala View Post
    I need to prepare a statement of interest on my chosen research field in 200 words for a highly competitive PhD prize studentship. Kindly, go through the drafted statement of interest and suggest for improvements, if any. It's very urgent! Thanks in advance!

When I was fifteen, my great grandfather became a prostate cancer victim and passed away. His death suffused me with something: a lifelong passion to research on developing better ways to diagnose and treat prostate cancer.

My academic and professional competence, capacitates me to carry out reasearch work on the utility of Shear Wave Optical Coherence Elastography (SHW-OCE) technique for detecting Gleason grades of prostate cancer. This project aims to develop SHW-OCE instrumentation to evaluate the volume, location and stiffness of prostate cancer, as well as obtaining statistical data for tumor cells characterization. The proposal intends to provide better disease management and improved lives to prostate cancer patients by using SHW-OCE for real-time ultrahigh resolution imaging.

I am a determined, bright, broad-minded and cordial individual, exceptionally fit to undertake doctoral degree on prostate cancer, and I believe to fulfill my deep-rooted ambition by winning this scholarship. My recent disappointment was not being selected for a PhD position due to financial limitations, which has further intensified my determination to be strong and successful in achieving my goals. Furthermore, with the fusion of flavorful culture, high-tech science and legacy of Scotland, my life will doubtlessly get unfolded with further research opportunities.
    I agree with 5jj, but I want to encourage you to keep pursuing your dream. Your passion for this area of research is clearly evident in your first draft. Science without passion is an empty shell.