• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

It is my comprehension

I need to prepare a 200 words essay on what makes me an ideal candidate for PhD prize studentship. Kindly, read the draft prepared by me and suggest for improvements, if any. I need it urgently. Thanks in advance!

It is my comprehension that you have been drenched with descriptions from candidates proving their worth, ever since SUPA unlatched itís gate for multinational applicants into the world of Physics PhDs in Scotland. Mine is another one, but I possess an ample zeal to pursue doctoral studies, which is hard to match.

I am an all-rounder with potential to perform independent research work, combined with an international academic profile which would be beneficial in adapting faster to the environment and setting, therefore, accelerating the speed of proposed project with more indulgence, as well as commitment. Moreover, my unique strategy to be successful, by motivating the available resources with distinct ambition and determination, is what eminently qualifies me for a prize studentship.

My experience in the University of Dundee during masterís degree stimulates me to affiliate with an organization like this, which prioritizes excellent research facilities and concern for students.

My mission is to be recognized as a scientist, engaged in methodical activity of earning knowledge and modifying this world through engineering advancements. I genuinely think that winning the SUPA studentship will help me to utilize my talents in performing positive and productive work and modifying human existence endlessly.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

re: It is my comprehension

Welcome to the forum, swatibarwaia,

We like to help when we can, but we can't help when the person reading your work expects to judge your work, not ours.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

The Posting Guidelines say that "Thread titles should...Avoid phrases like...Urgent!" which is used in this thread.

Does the OP's intention count as cheating?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Wai View Post
    The Posting Guidelines say that "Thread titles should...Avoid phrases like...Urgent!" which is used in this thread.

Does the OP's intention count as cheating?

It's not "cheating". It does breach the guidelines but in only a very minor way. Firstly, thread titles should include only some/all of the words from the post so a better title for this would have been "It is my comprehension that" or something else from the actual essay. This helps the rest of us to find posts easily instead of searching through dozens called things like "Help please" or "Correct my grammar". Secondly, we ask that things like "Urgent" are avoided because we do not work on a priority basis here. We are all volunteers and we deal with posts in our own time, not based on other user's timescales. We individually choose which posts we wish to respond to and in how much detail.

I have edited the OP's thread title to a more appropriate one.

As 5jj said, we won't be helping with this one anyway because such pieces of work have to be written entirely by the student without any outside help.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.