VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I have some grammar books in pdf, may I post a link to download them? Is it an infringement of copyright to do so?

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have some grammar books in pdf, may I post a link to download them? Is it an infringement of copyright to do so?

I will leave that to management to decide. However, if it involves entire books, it probably exceeds the "fair use" principle.

Last edited:

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
What are entre books?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

If the works are copyright, then it is an infringement. Please don't post any links to copyright materials or offer to send them to people. Forums are responsible for copyright abuses posted on them.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Three of the five grammar books mention no copyright or words to that effect, are they ok?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
If you wish to quote a short passage from a book in order to ask a question about what has been said, that's fine. Don't forget to acknowledge your source.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If your plan was to post a link to the whole book in pdf form, I would suggest that you not do so. Unless you got the books from a clearly free source where it states "Copyright-free. You are free to download and share this material without restriction", then I don't think it's a good idea. Where did you get the pdfs from originally?

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I freely downloaded them from other English learning sites some time ago, but most download links no longer exist now.
Just forget it as you don't think it's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.