Student or Learner
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Hi everybody.
Lately I've been learning English independently through reading and writing. I made a lot of progress, the problem is - I need someone to correct my texts.
Are there people here who could check pieces of text of mine from time to time? If there are, it'll be a huge help.
Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The simple answer is yes. However, there are a few conditions:

- We do not help with any homework assignments at all. If your piece is going to be handed in for marking, it must be your work.
- Pieces shouldn't be too long. For my own part, I don't have time to go through any piece longer than about six to ten full sentences, depending on the length of the sentences.
- Bear in mind that this particular part of the forum gets less attention than, for example, Ask A Teacher (which is for individual, specific enquiries) so it will take longer for you to get a response here. Be patient.

ismiv

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Thank you for you response.
The pieces I'm talking about are not assignments, but texts I write for myself to improve my writing, (I'm not a native English speaker) so this shouldn't be a problem.
As to the pieces length - as a matter of fact my pieces are quite longer then ten sentences. But I don't think it'll be a problem, I could post the text and if anybody has time to correct even part of it it'll help me very much.
Time is really not a problem for me. as I said I write the pieces for myself, so I don't have any deadline. I just want to know eventually about mistakes I made.

Thank you. The first piece's coming soon (-:

PeterValk

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Russian Federation
As to the pieces' length ( lenght of the pieces ) / my pieces are quite a bit longer than ten sentences / not a problem for me. As I said I write the / I just want to know eventually about (any?) mistakes I made.
The first piece is coming soon

I'm not a teacher as such, but I did notice these mistakes, or at least I think they are mistakes.
Does anyone care to comment?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The first piece's coming soon. [strike](-:[/strike]

The first piece is coming soon.
If your pieces are lengthy, I recommend that you post them a few sentences at a time. That way, you are likely to get responses in each thread from several different users, rather than waiting for one or two people who have time to look at the whole piece.
Don't try to make your own emoticons/smileys. If you want to use one, click on the :) in the toolbar and choose the appropriate one.

ismiv

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
As to the pieces' length ( lenght of the pieces ) / my pieces are quite a bit longer than ten sentences / not a problem for me. As I said I write the / I just want to know eventually about (any?) mistakes I made.
The first piece is coming soon

I'm not a teacher as such, but I did notice these mistakes, or at least I think they are mistakes.
Does anyone care to comment?

Thanks. This is the kind of corrections I had in my mind.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Also, remind us each time that this is just for your own practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.