• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

squidmen

What is 'squidmen' in the following?

Described as 'a free browser game that only takes a few minutes a day to play', Echo Bazaar introduces players to a world of peasoupers and squidmen, detectives and nightmares through a series of short, interactive vignettes.

Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: squidmen

Quote Originally Posted by unpakwon View Post
    What is 'squidmen' in the following?

Described as 'a free browser game that only takes a few minutes a day to play', Echo Bazaar introduces players to a world of peasoupers and squidmen, detectives and nightmares through a series of short, interactive vignettes.

Thank you.
    Echo Bazaar appears to be a computer game which has now been renamed Fallen London. Having never played it, I can only assume that "squidmen" are characters in the game and are some kind of cross between a human being and a squid.

Edit: I found the following on the page where you can sign up to play the game and where it asks you your gender. The three choices are "A lady", "A gentleman" and "My dear Sir, there are individuals roaming the streets of Fallen London at this very moment with the faces of Squid! Squid! Do you ask them their gender? And yet you waste our time asking me trifling and impertinent questions about mine. It is my own business, sir, and I bid you good day!"My dear sir, there are individuals roaming the streets of Fallen London at this very moment with the faces of squid! Squid! Do you ask them their gender? And yet you waste our time asking me trifling and impertinent questions about mine? It is my own business, sir, and I bid you good day."

Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.