• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

2.Is the paragraph cohesive and proper?

Hi everyone,

Now I am translating the chinese standard for testing the tempered glass lids into English,but I am not sure whether some of them are correct or conform to ways of thinking of westners.I would apprecicate it if you could help me.

“with the concave side downward ,heat the lid to a certain temperature(For grade A ,the temperature is 220 ±5,grade B 220±5 and grade C 180±5), keep the lid at the same temperature in the thermostat for 30 minutes, quickly take it out and put the edge of the lid into the water , drop it into the water container.After the lid soaks in the container for 5 minutes ,take it out from the container.( The volume of water in the container is no less than 20 times than that of the lid and for grade A the water temperature is 15±2,grade B 20±2 and grade C 25±2.)”

Thank you

Richard.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: 2.Is the paragraph cohesive and proper?

to a certain temperature- to the required temperature
    at the same temperature in the thermostat- at this temperature for 30 minutes
    no less than 20 times- not less than (do you mean at least or more?)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: 2.Is the paragraph cohesive and proper?

Hi tdol,

I don't know how to express my thankness now.It is now very urgent for me to correct my translations.Now here in Haian my hometown,few people have the ability to correct my translations.Even on the internet,few can answer my questions affected by chinese or are willing to correct.But you have taken the time and trouble to correct it.Thank you once more.

As for "no less than 20 times- not less than (do you mean at least or more?)"
    yes ,I mean at least or more.

Best Regards

Richard.