Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is it correct to use "as a result" in the following order in the sentence below?. Other alternatives are appreciated.

"He always tried so hard in this way, as a result, he got one the most successful people in that field."
"He always tried so hard in this way, as a result, getting one the most successful people in that field."

Thanks.

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Your meaning is not clear.

#1 comes closer to being grammatically correct but needs a semicolon after 'way'.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Is it correct to use "as a result" in the following order in the sentence below?. Other alternatives are appreciated.

"He always tried so hard in this way, as a result, he got one the most successful people in that field."
"He always tried so hard in this way, as a result, getting one the most successful people in that field."

Thanks.

Are you trying to say that he became "one of the most successful people" or that he obtained one?

Ryan.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Are you trying to say that he became "one of the most successful people" or that he obtained one?
Yes. I didn't notice my typing error. Thanks for notifying me.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Yes. I didn't notice my typing error. Thanks for notifying me.

You haven't answered my question. I think you probably meant "became" rather than "obtained", in which case "get" is not an appropriate verb.

Ryan.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
You haven't answered my question. I think you probably meant "became" rather than "obtained", in which case "get" is not an appropriate verb.
Sorry. I don't know how I didn't notice your question. Yes I meant "became" for sure. Thanks for your explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.