• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

account

Please correct the following if it is not.

Please note that your dollar account has been marked as dorman by your bank due to not using since 2005. So you will not draw or transfer any amount from this account. The central Bank has given the instructions to commercial bank if the clients has not using their account more than six months than the should be marked dorman by the computer. It is compulsary the account holder to personally visit their branch to active the account then you able to draw or deposit any amount in your account.

Due to your health issue it is impossible for you to come here to active your account. I have checked your bank profile there are three signatury. Please ask your younger brother to visit the bank for the activation of the account. He is frequently come here once in a month.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: account

1. I don't know what at "dollar account" is.
    2. If someone hasn't used their account in 9 years, couldn't you make a better recommendation than this? Transfer the balance to a different account?

Dear Mr. Smith,

That status of your dollar account is now "dormant." Recent instructions from the central bank require us to place accounts with no activity in six months into this status, and there has been no activity in this account since 2005.

Accounts in a dormant status cannot be used for new withdrawals or transfers. To activate a dormant account, the account holder must visit a branch of the bank in person.

I realize that visiting the bank in person may be difficult for you. I have checked your account and see there are three signatories, including your brother, who visits the branch office monthly. I recommend you ask your brother to reactivate the account on his next visit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: account

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    1. I don't know what at "dollar account" is.
    RBI allows dollar accounts for locals - Times Of India