• Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

• Post Thanks / Like

incarnation

Please clarify the following in red.

Consumers seem to have no problem finding great games on the App Store, but traditional publishers seem to have great difficulty in shovelling games that don't entertain players quickly and keep them playing for a long time. In their previous incarnation, game publishers had a massive advantage.

I think the above just means "'In the past', game publishers had a massive advantage." But I'm not sure.

Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: incarnation

Quote Originally Posted by unpakwon View Post
    Please clarify the following in red.

Consumers seem to have no problem finding great games on the App Store, but traditional publishers seem to have great difficulty in shovelling games that don't entertain players quickly and keep them playing for a long time. In their previous incarnation, game publishers had a massive advantage.

I think the above just means "'In the past', game publishers had a massive advantage." But I'm not sure.

Thank you.
    "Incarnation" often refers to being born. It is a particular form. If one is subsequently "reborn" (reincarnated) they have a different form. This is saying that the game publishers of today have different issues from the game publishers of the past.