• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Is such introduction I am a highly motivated student proper?

Hello there,

I am wondering is this expression appropriate when introducing yourself in a job interview? Esp, by using the word "highly motivated".

Thanks,

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Is such introduction I am a highly motivated student proper?

I would not recommend that you introduce yourself by saying something like "Good morning. My name is XXXXX, and I am a highly motivated student". There should be plenty of opportunities later in the interview to talk about your motivation - and to specify exactly what you are motivated about. For example, just saying that you are a highly motivated student could mean that you are highly motivated towards staying in bed for as long as possible.

Incidentally, your title for this post should read something like Is it appropriate to use "I am a highly motivated student" as an introduction.
    Also, do not use expressions like "Esp", and "highly motivated" is two words, not one.
    I'm not a teacher of English, but I have spoken it for (almost) all of my life....

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

What do you mean by just saying that you are a highly motivated student could mean that you are highly motivated towards staying in bed for as long as possible.? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I would not recommend that you introduce yourself by saying something like "Good morning. My name is XXXXX, and I am a highly motivated student". There should be plenty of opportunities later in the interview to talk about your motivation - and to specify exactly what you are motivated about. For example, just saying that you are a highly motivated student could mean that you are highly motivated towards staying in bed for as long as possible.

Incidentally, your title for this post should read something like Is it appropriate to use "I am a highly motivated student" as an introduction.
    Also, do not use expressions like "Esp", and "highly motivated" is two words, not one.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by ZOEYW View Post
    What do you mean by just saying that you are a highly motivated student could mean that you are highly motivated towards staying in bed for as long as possible.? Thanks!
    I think that was meant to be humorous, but it brought up the idea that saying one is highly motivated doesn't indicate what one is motivated by.