Is such introduction I am a highly motivated student proper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOEYW

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello there,

I am wondering is this expression appropriate when introducing yourself in a job interview? Esp, by using the word "highly motivated".

Thanks,

Grumpy

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would not recommend that you introduce yourself by saying something like "Good morning. My name is XXXXX, and I am a highly motivated student". There should be plenty of opportunities later in the interview to talk about your motivation - and to specify exactly what you are motivated about. For example, just saying that you are a highly motivated student could mean that you are highly motivated towards staying in bed for as long as possible.

Incidentally, your title for this post should read something like Is it appropriate to use "I am a highly motivated student" as an introduction.
Also, do not use expressions like "Esp", and "highly motivated" is two words, not one.

ZOEYW

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What do you mean by just saying that you are a highly motivated student could mean that you are highly motivated towards staying in bed for as long as possible.? Thanks!
I would not recommend that you introduce yourself by saying something like "Good morning. My name is XXXXX, and I am a highly motivated student". There should be plenty of opportunities later in the interview to talk about your motivation - and to specify exactly what you are motivated about. For example, just saying that you are a highly motivated student could mean that you are highly motivated towards staying in bed for as long as possible.

Incidentally, your title for this post should read something like Is it appropriate to use "I am a highly motivated student" as an introduction.
Also, do not use expressions like "Esp", and "highly motivated" is two words, not one.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What do you mean by just saying that you are a highly motivated student could mean that you are highly motivated towards staying in bed for as long as possible.? Thanks!

I think that was meant to be humorous, but it brought up the idea that saying one is highly motivated doesn't indicate what one is motivated by.

Status
Not open for further replies.