I have a request from English native speakers to help us teach English!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdou-abdou

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I am an English teacher but I'm unable to hear spoken English well or speak it either,so I have a suggestion.
What if we (nonnative English speakers) state our Skype id and you ( English native speaker ) do the same and give us the chance to chat with each other and of course you will fix our mistakes and improve our pronunciation greatly?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you would like to pay my private rate for conversation classes by Skype (currently in the region of €25-€40 per hour), I'll be happy to do it. This forum is not set up for such help. You might find some facility online to chat with native speakers for free but I wouldn't be too confident of the quality.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Many of us are happy to drop in here to respond to questions when we have some free time, knowing that our responses will be read by dozens, sometimes hundreds of people. I for one have neither the time nor the desire to spend time chatting for the benefit of just one person. I do not answer questions sent to me by PM for the same reason.

It may sound mercenary but, if people wish to consult me privately, then they must pay my professional fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.