• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Name:___Applying for admission in____for the ultimate degree of _____area of research

Hello,

The sentence below is a part of a application form. I have problem filling out the blanks. I think I should put the name of the university in the second blank but if I write the degree title in the third one that doesn't make sense to me, for example "Applying for admission in the University of x for the ultimate degree of Master of Science area of research". I just want to know what kind of contents I should put in the blanks. I would be glad if someone could suggest the typical words expected to be put in the second and third blanks.

And here is the sentence:

"Name:____________________________________________ ______Applying for admission in______________________________________________ for the ultimate degree of __________________________________________________ ___________________________area of research."

Thanks.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Name:___Applying for admission in____for the ultimate degree of _____area of rese

You could have mentioned, Ryan, that your question has already been discussed here, but you have not yet received an answer which satisfies you.

Last edited by Rover_KE; 01-Feb-2014 at 23:13.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Re: Name:___Applying for admission in____for the ultimate degree of _____area of rese

Quote Originally Posted by Rover_KE View Post
    You could have mentioned, Ryan, that your question has already been discussed here, but you have not yet received an answer which satisfies you.
    Sorry. I have asked the same questions in both forums before. I didn't know it was necessary to point it out. From now on I will mention it.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan. View Post
    Hello,

The sentence below is a part of a application form. I have problem filling out the blanks. I think I should put the name of the university in the second blank but if I write the degree title in the third one that doesn't make sense to me, for example "Applying for admission in the University of x for the ultimate degree of Master of Science area of research". I just want to know what kind of contents I should put in the blanks. I would be glad if someone could suggest the typical words expected to be put in the second and third blanks.

And here is the sentence:

"Name:____________________________________________ ______Applying for admission in______________________________________________ for the ultimate degree of __________________________________________________ ___________________________area of research."

Thanks.
    I don't understand the form. Usually we apply "to" an institution "for" a program "in" a department "with" a research focus "in" a field or area of interest. Often the area of research is not selected before admission. One's major professor will have input into that decision.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork View Post
    I don't understand the form. Usually we apply "to" an institution "for" a program "in" a department "with" a research focus "in" a field or area of interest. Often the area of research is not selected before admission. One's major professor will have input into that decision.
    Thank you. Could it be the year of admission after "Applying for admission in"?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan. View Post
    Thank you. Could it be the year of admission after "Applying for admission in"?
    I think that is unlikely.