Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
Dear teachers

I am seeking help from you for some English phrases or expressions to describe a situation that when somebody lose in a game, they would admit the loss and ask for an appeal, saying that the result is unfair; but when they win the game, they would take the result, and say that the game is fair.

Any expression or idiom for that? Please advise.

Regards

Holden

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear teachers

I am seeking help from you for some English phrases or expressions to describe a situation that when somebody lose in a game, they would admit the loss and ask for an appeal, saying that the result is unfair; but when they win the game, they would take the result, and say that the game is fair.

Any expression or idiom for that? Please advise.

Regards

Holden

I don't know an idiom for that. When we lose or win a game and accept the result, we say "win some lose some".

holdenenglish

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
Dear teachers

Let me add some qualifiers. That is, when somebody loses in a game, he becomes a sore loser, and saying that the game is unfair, and presses on a re-match. But when he wins at the match, he would say it was a fairplay. Kind of double standard just to take the result favorable to him.

Regards

Holden

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear teachers

Let me add some qualifiers. That is, when somebody loses in a game, he becomes a sore loser, and saying that the game is unfair, and presses on a re-match. But when he wins at the match, he would say it was a fairplay. Kind of double standard just to take the result favorable to him.

Regards

Holden

None of that is an idiom in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.