[Essay] The person I admire - need help with grammar please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubieplacki

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Please help me with correct this essay.

I want to tell you about my friend, Sonia. She’s almost 18 and goes to school in Świdnica. We met in our previous school 4 years ago. Despite we were in the same class we didn’t talk much at first. Everyone was a little stressed out and didn’t feel comfortable. But in a month everything changed. We were hanging out after school and found common interests.

When it comes to physical appearance, Sonia is tall and slender olive-skinned girl. Her brown eyes coordinate with straight, waist-high black hair, which I have always admired. Her face is round and nose wide and straight. Moreover her smile is stunning even if she has a quite small lips. Making a reference to the style, it’s not typical. She always wears black clothes and likes gadgets or jewellery with skulls.

As far as Sonia’s personality is concerned, firstly, she’s the most helpful and compassionate person I have ever met. While people are experiencing emotional stress or pain, she always knows how to support them and cheer up. Secondly Sonia is very reliable. I know that if I confide a secret to her, she will keep it. But unfortunately she has a tendency to be unusually quiet. It becomes a problem when we’re meeting new people.

Adding to this, my friend has a lot of interests. She loves reading books in the evening. Her favourite story is ________________ written by ________________. Furthermore she always attends metal band’s concerts. It’s one of those moments when Sonia feels really free and alive. Currently my friend is extremely busy with learning traffic regulations for driving license.

Summing up, Sonia is the person I admire. She influenced me more than any other. My friend showed me that to be different, whether it’s about appearance or behavior, makes people special and worth to know deeper. What’s more, in her company I feel always accepted and don’t have to pretend somebody else.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

When will you submit this essay to your teacher/tutor?

lubieplacki

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I need this on Tuesday

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Then we wish you good luck on Tuesday. As it says in the guidelines and in the introduction to this section, we do not help with homework/assignments. Everything your teacher sees must be your own work. Do the best you can and submit your essay for marking. When you get it back with your teacher's comments and corrections, you can come back to us if you don't understand any of those comments or corrections.

Thread now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.