Student or Learner
When writing passive sentences without by + objects I have no problem, but ...
If my students rewrite the following sentences like these, can they be acceptable?
1. Mary wash used plastic bottles with water.
- Used plastic bottles are washed by Marry with water.
2. They will take the children to the zoo next week.
- The children will be taken by them to the zoo next week.
3. I saw a strange man in the garden last night.
- A strange man was seen by me in the garden last night.
Last edited by emsr2d2; 10-Feb-2014 at 11:08. Reason: Fixed mixture of fonts and sizes
Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.
Thank you so much.
There's no need to make a new post to say 'thank you'. Just click the 'Thank' icon. It saves your time and ours.
I've also seen this in a grammar book:
"He does his homework every day".
"The homework is done by him every day."
Is the passive sentence natural? It doesn't sound natural to me.
It isn't natural.