Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
Dear tearchers

in the following paragraph, should I use "staff" or "staffs"? And, just wondering if the paragraph sounds natural to you? Any edits needed?

Pension shceme members: “HSBC’s staffs are helpful, polite, and efficient.”More than 95% of HSBC's pension scheme members are satisfied with our pension services, according to a recent survey conducted for HSBC. The Pension scheme member survey was carried out from in December 2013 to get members’ feedback on our pension services. The results have been very encouraging.

Regards

Holden

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I would use staff- I never use staffs.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear tearchers

in the following paragraph, should I use "staff" or "staffs"? And, just wondering if the paragraph sounds natural to you? Any edits needed?

Pension shceme members: “HSBC’s staffs are helpful, polite, and efficient.”More than 95% of HSBC's pension scheme members are satisfied with our pension services, according to a recent survey conducted for HSBC. The Pension scheme member survey was carried out from in December 2013 to get members’ feedback on our pension services. The results have been very encouraging.

Regards

Holden

The second word is misspelled. There should be a space before "more" in the second sentence. I would eliminate the "in" before "December". I would also use "staff" instead of "staffs".

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I'd use staff in the original sentence, but I use staffs if I am talking about groups of people from different organisations:

This is not just a problem we face at this school; the staffs of several schools in the neighbourhood are discussing the matter this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.