Smile :) need some help.pls. thanks.

Hi
    I am christina from China, new here.So I don't know where to post my question. But I will try here.

I have a question about the sentence below:
    "There are many points while studying at university, when there may be considerable stress, perhaps at times of accessment, or times when the amount of work simply seems unbearable."
    I am not quite sure about the structure, esp. the use of the first "when". Is it an attributive clause?
    Your help would win a lot of my appreciation. Thanks a lot.
    Have a nice day!
    Christina

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland

Re: :) need some help.pls. thanks.

Hello,
    I'll try to help you by rephrasing your sentence a bit.
    "There are many points while studying at university, when there may be considerable stress, perhaps at times of assessment, or times when the amount of work simply seems unbearable."
    And my version:
    During the period of university studies there are many points /of time/ when there may be considerable stress, perhaps at times of assessment, or times when the amount of work simply seems unbearable.
    "when" clearly refers to "points", while the remainder of the sentence defines those points of time in a more detailed way.
    It's my guess that there should be 'assessment' instead of 'accessment', meaning simply evaluation of the students' work.
    Hope the above helps.
    All the best,
    Tee Kay