Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Mexico
Current Location
United States
There are many good reasons why I chose to go back to college, despite it took me 12 years after graduating High school to make that choice. For example, my children are the number one reason why I am currently studying to get a nursing degree. Having an education opens many doors for me to succeed, and provide a better life for them. I want to give them the opportunity to farther their education after High School. First, I want them to be proud of me; Second, I want to encourage them to keep studying; And third, make them see that getting an education is the best decision, and they follow my example. I want to secure their future, by having a college found for both of them separately, so they do not have to worry about money for college. Another good reason is, to help lighten the Burden on my husband’s shoulders if work would slow down, or he loses his job. To go to college and get an education makes me the back-up plan to support my family. My husband is the only provider for my children and I, and I plan to change that. Furthermore, I want to make adequate preparations for our retirement plan, so my children do not have to worry about us, when we get old. One last reason is to make myself proud, to achieve a degree on a career I enjoy. Going back to school has been the best choice I made in a very long time, and all my reasons for it, makes it so much worth it.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello jimenezk - Is this something you will turn into your teacher for grading?

Status
Not open for further replies.