Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Nowadays, I know anywhere there has changes. In the other day, I went to the nearest big town to shopping and hardly did not aware of where I was. Last 6 months ago, There had plenty of classic houses next to the libary. Now where 's it ? When did they put up the block of flats on the corner of the high street ? In front of street, there used to be a little nice butcher's and good greengrocer's shop. Are they going to pull down the old cinema ? or move the old churnch ? to me, there are just example of the changes which made in our community. When are the pace of change going to slow down ? When we have no money left ? or if all of things we awared of disappearing ? To continue.... Things have never changed so often or there had fast changing in past ten years. It was very fast, It was frighted. I don't know what the young people think, but the pensioner like me are begining to feel unsecured and people of all ages are always feeling stress of constant changed. All of thing look different . Nothing is the same for very long. What I confuse is this : The people had made the change what they aware of the problem they made ? Is the increasing pace of change cause some of problem of socia and mental illness. I am sure it is. They said "The change was also good as it is rest". But We shoud change more slow and think about some of cause for all people. Otherwise we will no rest at all. PS : I translate this topic from Vietnam to english. I hope to receive some advise Thanks. Strongangel

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Nowadays, I know anywhere there has changes.
These days, I don't know anywhere that is not changing.
I know that everywhere is changing these days.

In the other day, I went to the nearest big town to shopping and hardly did not aware of where I was.
The other day, I went shopping in the nearest big town and I hardly recognised it.

Last 6 months ago, There had plenty of classic houses next to the libary.
Six months ago, there were a lot of traditional houses next to the library.

Now where 's it ?
Where are they now?

When did they put up the block of flats on the corner of the high street?

In front of street, there used to be a little nice butcher's and good greengrocer's shop.
There used to be a nice little butcher's shop and a good greengrocers ... (I don't know where "front of street" is).

Are they going to pull down the old cinema?

Or move the old [strike]churnch[/strike] church?

To me, these are just examples of the changes which are being made in our community.

When [strike]are[/strike] is the pace of change going to slow down?

When we have no money left?

Or if [strike]all of things[/strike] everything we [strike]awared[/strike] know of disappears?

To continue.... Things have never changed so often or there had fast changing in past ten years.
Furthermore, things have never changed as often or as fast as they have in the last ten years.

It was very fast, It was frighted.
It has been very fast and it frightens me.

I don't know what the young people think, but the pensioner like me are begining to feel unsecured and people of all ages are always feeling stress of constant changed.
I don't know what young people think but pensioners, like me, are beginning to feel unsafe and people of all ages are feeling the stress of constant change.

All of thing look different .
Everything looks different.

Nothing is the same for very long.
Nothing stays the same for very long.

What I confuse is this : The people had made the change what they aware of the problem they made ?
What confuses me is this: When people made these changes, were they aware of the problems they were causing?

Is the increasing pace of change cause some of problem of socia and mental illness.
Is the increasing pace of change the cause of some social and mental health problems.

I am sure it is.

They said "The change was also good as it is rest".
They say "A change is as good as a rest".

But We shoud change more slow and think about some of cause for all people.
I think we should change more slowly and think about the effect change has on people.

Otherwise we will no rest at all.
If not, we will get no rest at all.

PS : I translated this topic from Vietnamese to English. I hope to receive some [strike]advise[/strike] advice. Thanks. Strongangel

Please see above. I broke your piece down into single sentences because there were a lot of problems with it. Some sentences needing rewriting completely and a few just need little adjustments. Look at everything I wrote in red.

If this is a translation, you need to tell us where you found the original piece.

Last edited:

PeterValk

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Russian Federation
I'm not a teacher, but I often read answers given to questions asked here by others to learn more.
Every now and then I see something that looks wrong, but this may just be because of my lack of knowledge.
In this post I noticed two things I have doubts about:

"everywhere is changing"? Is that correct?

Is the increasing pace of change cause some of problem of socia and mental illness.
Is the increasing pace of change the case of some social and mental health problems?
"the case of some social and mental health problems"
Typo? I guess you mean "cause"?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm not a teacher, but I often read answers given to questions asked here by others to learn more.
Every now and then I see something that looks wrong, but this may just be because of my lack of knowledge.
In this post I noticed two things I have doubts about:

"everywhere is changing"? Is that correct?

Is the increasing pace of change the case of some social and mental health problems?
"the case of some social and mental health problems"
Typo? I guess you mean "cause"?

Thanks for spotting the typo. I have changed it to "cause".

What do you think is wrong with "Everywhere is changing"?

PeterValk

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Russian Federation
Thanks for spotting the typo. I have changed it to "cause".

What do you think is wrong with "Everywhere is changing"?

I don't really know, it just looks wrong for some reason.
I've seen the construction:"change is everywhere", but to use "everywhere" as a subject?
Maybe it can be used this way, pray tell!
I'm always keen to learn something new.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
London is changing. New York is changing. The Amazon is changing. My local neighbourhood is changing. The Australian Outback is changing. Sometimes I think that everywhere is changing!

Status
Not open for further replies.