Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Dear Sir or Madam
I am writing in a response to the articlerecently published in your newspaper concerning the internship programme at mycollege.

First of all, it was stated that the initiativewas not successful but I must oppose to that. All of the participants gainedexperience and learned to work under pressure, which will be highly useful interms of future employment. The tasks we were to carry out were never dull andmonotonous and required creativity and problem-solving skills For another thing, the course was notdominated by men - there was equallymany women and I myself can be a proof of that.

What is more, you have made an accusation thatour employers were dissatisfied with our work and signalized unpunctuality asan issue. Personally I was under impression that companies appreciated ourdedication and eagerness to learn new things. Throughout the programme I wentout with other students only once or twice and in no way did it affect myperformance. Contrary to your conviction,we actually did have a spare time and the companies arranged plenty ofactivities for us including sightseeing and sport events.

We believe that after hearing our standpointyou will issue an apology for undeservedly negative resume of our campaign.

Yours faithfully

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You need to click on "Edit Post" and sort out the spacing in your post. There are spaces missing between many of the words.

EliseMartel

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear Sir or Madam
I am writing in a response to the articlerecently published in your newspaper concerning the internship programme at mycollege.

First of all, it was stated that the initiativewas not successful but I must oppose to that. All of the participants gainedexperience and learned to work under pressure, which will be highly useful interms of future employment. The tasks we were to carry out were never dull andmonotonous and required creativity and problem-solving skills For another thing, the course was notdominated by men - there was equallymany women and I myself can be a proof of that.

What is more, you have made an accusation thatour employers were dissatisfied with our work and signalized unpunctuality asan issue. Personally I was under impression that companies appreciated ourdedication and eagerness to learn new things. Throughout the programme I wentout with other students only once or twice and in no way did it affect myperformance. Contrary to your conviction,we actually did have a spare time and the companies arranged plenty ofactivities for us including sightseeing and sport events.

We believe that after hearing our standpointyou will issue an apology for undeservedly negative resume of our campaign.

Yours faithfully
I hope that my corrections help you. I bolded everything that I changed. Not everything that I changed was due to a grammatical error, but I felt that some things could be worded better. I hope this helps you.

I am writing in a response to the article recently published in your newspaper concerning the internship programme at my college. (You may want to include the title of the article and the date that it was published in your letter).

First of all, the article stated that the initiative was not successful, but I must dispute that. All of the participants gained experience and learned to work under pressure, which will be highly useful in future employment opportunities. The tasks we were to carry out were never dull and monotonous and required creativity and problem-solving skills. (You may want to directly quote the article here or paraphrase a quote from the article that talks about the course being dominated by men). Additionally, the course was not dominated by men - there were equally as many women as men. As one of the female participants, I am proof of that.

What is more, you have made an accusation that our employers were dissatisfied with our work and signalized unpunctuality as an issue. (It is better not to use the word personally since the reader will already know that this is your opinion. You could perhaps write "while in the program, I was under the impression...). I was under impression that companies appreciated our dedication and eagerness to learn new things. Throughout the programme, I went out with other students only once or twice and in no way did it affect my performance. Contrary to your statements, we actually did have a spare time and the companies arranged plenty of activities for us, including sightseeing and sports events.

We believe that after hearing our standpoint, you will issue an apology for your undeservedly negative portrayal of our campaign.
Sincerely,

Status
Not open for further replies.