• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece

To pay my respects to your polite answers

I'm sorry, but I didn't ask you to do my homework! And you could tell me that you work with your timescales in a more polite way. I didn't oblige you to answer me. But you did, and I expected a better attitude from you.

Thank you

p.s Explain me that ; why does this forum exist? There is nothing you can help as with as you claim. I just asked if I had some mistakes in order to correct them and you answered that you can't do my homework. Where can you help me, for goodness' sake? I wonder...

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: To pay my respects to your polite answers

Quote Originally Posted by vasiak View Post
    I'm sorry, but I didn't ask you to do my homework! And you could tell me that you work with your timescales in a more polite way. I didn't oblige you to answer me. But you did, and I expected a better attitude from you.

Thank you

p.s Explain me that ; why does this forum exist? There is nothing you can help as with as you claim. I just asked if I had some mistakes in order to correct them and you answered that you can't do my homework. Where can you help me, for goodness' sake? I wonder...
    The prohibition to helping with homework/assignments has nothing to do with attitude. It is mostly about fairness to both you and your classmates. Your teacher wants to see your work, not our work. That is important so that the teacher can ascertain your grasp of the subject matter. Shortcuts will not help your learning.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by vasiak View Post
    I'm sorry, but I didn't ask you to do my homework!
    When someone posts a complete exercise for us to do, and says that they need the answers urgently, it's a reasonable assumption that this is a homework assignment. If it is not, you can always explain what it is.
    And you could tell me that you work with your timescales in a more polite way.
    In your first post, you said your need was urgent and asked us to reply as soon as possible. In your second thread you asked us to reply soon. We are volunteers, who try to help others in what little free time we have. Ems pointed out to you that we don't respond well when people ask us to hurry.
    why does this forum exist? There is nothing you can help as with as you claim.
    From the announcement we ask you to read before you to read before you post:

"This forum is designed so that learners can ask questions to teachers about the English language. [...]

Please don't ask us to do or correct your homework; this is a place to discuss language."
    Where can you help me, for goodness' sake? I wonder...
    Have a look at the hundreds of questions we have answered to get an idea of how we might be able to help you.

4. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece

ok, 5jj, I understand now. Thank you for your explanations and I'm sorry for being so rude. Of course you are volunteers and we have to thank you for the time you dedicate to answer our questions.