Dear Sir/Madame
My name is X, Iím from Georgia. I am currently enrolled in X University, earning bachelor's degree in Dentistry, doing my sophomore year. With this letter I would like to express my strong interest for participation at your Student Exchange Program. I have decided to apply for this program because I am sure it would strongly enrich my future studies and help me in my prospective career. This program will helps me to become a successful doctor.
I love my profession and I try to be distinguished. I'm a hard worker and curious. To be more informed I read literatures and watch some videos. Iím purposeful and always trying my best. I haven't got dreams, I have got goals. If you want something you will achieve it. The most important is to be optimist and to work hard. With my optimism and hardworking personality I learnt English by myself, get 70 % scholarship to study at Tbilisiís X University from Georgian government for high scores on National Exams of Georgia. I became the third student at faculty of Dentistry according to my scores and get Presidentís Scholarship. Now, I continue studying. At this year my main goal is to study abroad with Erasmus.
What is more, I have got hobbies; I go to the gym, because to be healthy is very important. Also, I dance Georgian Folk Dances, Love films and music. I participate in many activities; I have been a volunteer in Catharses, in Red Cross Society and in some other organizations where we help people. I love participating in conferences, because there I get new information which is very important for professional development.
I would honor the opportunity if you accept me for the Erasmus program, because it will mean a lot for me and my future career prospective. Firstly, it would definitely be a very efficient and successfully method to improve my English skills. I have been learning English as my first foreign language since age of seven, and I believe that this experience at your University will improve a lot my knowledge because I will get a chance to communicate with students in similar circumstances. Moreover, I will cherish the opportunity to enhance my experience at your facilities, since your University has a great reputation in that field.
I would like to emphasize that I am eager to benefit from this program, as I will get to know better Erasmus students from the whole Europe, exchanging experiences and practices. I advocate the opinion that Erasmus program is excellent opportunity to meet various groups of young people, spend quality time with them and get to know their habits, attitudes, lifestyle, etc. Also, living, studying and having fun within international scholars would broaden my horizons and enable me to build strong social network with people through our continent.
Also, Iím very interested in this country, because Latvia was invaded by Soviet troops as Georgia but now itís a European country and this country is becoming stronger. A lot of people say that Riga is very beautiful; it is a port city as my city Batumi, so I think Iíll discover lots of similarities. I want to know the history and the culture of Latvia. I know that many famous people, like Wilhelm Richard Wagner, Sir Isaiah Berlin, Wilhelm Ostwald, Pauls Waldens were born in Latvia. I heard a lot of about Abraham Kunze and Riga Black Balsam, which is very popular in the world. I want to see the country of these fabulous people.
Erasmus is a lot more than a studying or working experience. For me it will be a way to look Latvia with new eyes, to feel and discover new emotions and learn what is not written in the textbooks. I am absolutely convinced that this internship provides me the real opportunity to work in any multinational company (or clinic) among highly qualified professionals with completely different backgrounds who are united by their enthusiasm, interest and drive. I am sure that the time spent in Latvia will allow me to broaden my perspective and contribute to my personal development by expanding my abilities and widening my experience in a variety of working disciplines. I consider it is a challenge and great opportunity to explore and identify ways of improving myself. It is not only about the improving my English skills or getting better in my work experiences. I wish, that this program open up to me new horizons and levels useful for my future, not only professional life.
Thank you for considering my application.
Yours sincerely,