[Essay] Practicing English writing for an upcoming exam.. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yelim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I'm preparing for an exam to enter a graduate school for interpretation. They require an advanced English writing skill without any grammatical errors, especially when it comes to articles... which is the hardest part! :(
Moreover, they say it's quite important to write like a native speaker.....which doesn't quite sound possible to me. haha.
Anyways, I will be truly grateful if you please can edit my writing and tell me how I can write like a native..!
Here it goes
:
The South Korean government this year decided to push forward "convergence education," where students have chances to learn various subjects beyond their majors in high school or university.

The goal of this effort is to educate creative students who can be the next leaders of the country. While the plan seems to be helpful to the future of Korea, there are a few myths surrounding convergence education that needs to be eradicated.

For starters, lawmakers think that forcing students to take courses of different categories is synonymous to convergence education. Instructors need to have enough discussions to let students benefit from such measure.

Secondly, many believe current teachers, especially those in high school are eligible to adjust themselves to convergence education. As this is a whole new frame of teaching students, teachers are bound to be defensive towards it.

Lastly, the most deep-rooted myth is that convergence education is a key to grow creative leaders. Rather, most students will likely to be burdened by learning a variety of subjects. In addition, teachers will have hard time conveying appropriate knowledge to students as there will not an enough number of teachers for all different subjects.

To sum up, the government should take more time to implement convergence education in school ground so that it can properly take root in the country. Simply breaking down the wall that divided different subjects is not an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

EliseMartel

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is this a part of your exam? I am allowed to help with non-homework related things, or after you've submitted an essay, but I can't edit an essay before you submit it to your professor. If this is just practice not related to an exam, I'd be happy to help.

Yelim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hi there! of course it's not part of the exam i'm preparing..! the exam tests students ability to summarize and write naturally, and it's scheduled in October. so I selected an editorial randomly from a newspaper and practiced my summarizing & writing skill! so dont't worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.