Phrases exhibit more social, cognitive, affective or emtional and sensory or..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOEYW

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Here is the full sentence:" Phrases exhibit more social, cognitive, affective, or emotional, and sensory or perceptional processes. " Please explain "cognitive, affective, emotional and sensory or perceptional" to me. Those abstract words are difficult for me to understand though I looked for the dictionary. If possible, could you please give me some simple examples for each one word to elaborate for me?

Thanks,

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please quote your source. That sentence is meaningless to me.

ZOEYW

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What do you mean by quote the source? It is a sentence from a paper. Do you want the title of the paper? The paper will be meaningless to you again, I guess. I just need the help with the very basic and simple explanations of those abstract words only, if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
What do you mean by quote the source?
"Phrases exhibit more [social, cognitive, affective, or emotional, and sensory or perceptional] processes."
The further context necessary would be at least the other part of the comparative. Phrases exhibit more processes than what?
Also, if they give a reason why phrases exhibit more processes than X, that might help too. As it is, it's not a comprehensible sentence, so explaining those other words in context is impossible, and we could only give you dictionary definitions, which you already have.
As far as the source goes, it would be useful to know if it was written by a non-native speaker or a native academic in a social science. In the latter case, it may be impenetrable.

Status
Not open for further replies.