• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Indonesian
      • Home Country:
      • Indonesia
      • Current Location:
      • Indonesia

Re: "Thinking" in English

It is a good idea to teach English by using movie. The students can train their understanding and hearing in English. Besides, they also can take cultural awareness from the movie. As a teacher you should make sure that the movies which are watched by your students are appropriate with their age and level. It will give bad impact if they learn English only by watching the movie without facing the real world and learning in real context.
    I say that as a teacher, we should able to provide a situation which can make students to be exposed to use English. There are some ways that you can do to make it. The first, you may invite your students to learn with native speakers. You may ask the native speakers to come to your class or invite your students to come to a region where there are many native speakers. By this situation, the students will be exposed to think in English. The second way, you may teach your students about English for specific situation. It will help them to understand how to use English and Think in English.

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Mexico
      • Current Location:
      • Mexico

Honestly i can't think in english if i don't know the meaning of some words i'm going to use on a phrase, in this case i think in my native language first and try to translate it in my mind or I search the words i don't understand on a dictionary that way i can think in english quickly.

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

your students can listen to music watching its subtitle and advise them to watch series on condition that they wacth movies without dublaj, they can talk to each other in english at the school, Indeed I think they can learn easily making mistake, the students can improve their english skills w,th the help of each other

Harmless drudge
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Incidentally, the idea of dublaj (which I expect means 'dubbing'), another teacher told me that you can hide subtitles (if the TV doesn't let you just switch them off) by simply putting a strip of paper along the bottom of the screen. The static electricity keeps it in place.

b
    PS I was told this a while ago, and the trick may not work with plasma screens. I don't know - worth a try though.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2