Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am applying for a scholarship at my job and I need a recommendation letter from my boss this is what I am sending him to get it I have never wrote anything like this so i need to know that it is okay and not embarrassing and plain dumb.

Dear Mr. Ramirez,

I am writing to ask if you would write a letter of recommendation for me. My name is [real name removed] and I am one of your wonderful employees working as a Cashier at Frontline in the Forty Niner Shop. I have been a student at California State University of Long Beach for three years and my major is Family Life Education. It involves me helping troubled families, couples, kids, basically anything in the family. I am asking for your recommendation because I am applying for the 49er Shops Student Employee Scholarship Program and a recommendation from my Manager or Supervisor is required.
I am applying for the 49er Shops Student Employee Scholarship Program because I need all the help I can get so that I can finally get ahead with my studies and really be able to push my self even further to exceed. I am more than just a student and a cashier, to my family I am a role model and a hard worker and I push everyday. It has not been easy at home over the past couple of years but it has not stopped me from trying to get internships and experience in the field that I am interested in, which I am proud to say that I will be starting my internship in the Fall 2014 semester. I have applied to what I have learned in my courses at home and now I have the chance to help other. I came from a school that did not care for education and entering Cal State Long Beach was hard because I was required to take classes to prep me for college courses, it was embarrassing but my lack of knowledge is not going to stop me in getting ahead in life.
Thank you so much for your time I greatly appreciate it.
[real name removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am applying for a scholarship at my job and I need a recommendation letter from my boss. This is what I am sending him to get it​. I have never [STRIKE]wrote[/STRIKE] written anything like this so I need to know that it is okay and not embarrassing and plain dumb.

Dear Mr. Ramirez,

I am writing to ask if you would be willing to write a letter of recommendation for me. My name is [real name removed] and I am one of your wonderful employees working as a Cashier at Frontline in the Forty Niner Shop. I have been a student at California State University of Long Beach for three years and my major is Family Life Education. It involves me helping troubled families, couples, kids, basically [STRIKE]anything in the family[/STRIKE] any family issues. I am asking for your recommendation because I am applying for the 49er Shops Student Employee Scholarship Program and a recommendation from my Manager or Supervisor is required.

I am applying for the [STRIKE]49er Shops Student Employee Scholarship Program[/STRIKE] program because [STRIKE]I need all the help I can get so that I can finally[/STRIKE] I want to get ahead with my studies and [STRIKE]really be able to[/STRIKE] push my self even further to exceed. I am more than just a student and a cashier, to my family I am a role model and a hard worker and I push myself [STRIKE]everyday[/STRIKE] every day. It has not been easy at home over the past couple of years but it has not stopped me from trying to get internships and experience in the field that I am interested in, [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] and I am proud to say that I will be starting my internship in the Fall 2014 semester.

At home, I have applied [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] what I have learned in my courses [STRIKE]at home[/STRIKE] and now I have the chance to help others. I came from a school that did not [STRIKE]care for[/STRIKE] take education seriously and entering Cal State Long Beach was hard because I was required to take classes to prepare me for college courses. It was [STRIKE]embarrassing[/STRIKE] difficult but [STRIKE]my lack of knowledge is[/STRIKE] these issues are not going to stop me [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] getting ahead in life.

Thank you very much for your attention and I look forward to hearing from you. [STRIKE]so much for your time I greatly appreciate it.[/STRIKE]
Yours [sincerely]
[real name removed]

Please see my suggested amendments above in red. Your letter sounds very sincere and I hope you get your recommendation and the place on the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.