Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
UK
i have a question in terms of the use of provision or anticipation noun in the sentence :
"the decision to hire additional shift workers was made in provision of an increase in demand for electric blankets during the winter months"

If i replace "provision" into "anticipation" in the sentence, is it the wrong or inappropriate?...
If so, why "anticipation" is not acceptable in the sentence?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, bskkkcccc.
[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]I have a question in terms of the use of "provision" or "anticipation" [STRIKE]noun[/STRIKE] in the sentence:
"[STRIKE]t[/STRIKE]The decision to hire additional shift workers was made in provision of an increase in demand for electric blankets during the winter months."

If [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]I replace "provision" [STRIKE]into[/STRIKE] with "anticipation" in the sentence, is it [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] wrong or inappropriate?(...)
If so, why is "anticipation" [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] not acceptable in the sentence?
"in anticipation of" is not wrong; "in provision of" is unnatural.

bskkkkcccc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
UK
thank you :-D

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Thank you. :-D

Your appreciation is welcome, but there is no need to write a new post to say Thank you. Simply click the Thank button on any posts you find helpful. It means that we don't have to open the thread again to read your new post and then find that it doesn't include any new information or an additional question.

Status
Not open for further replies.