Is this a homework assignment?
Student or Learner
Review the following “sentences”, correcting any errors of grammar, mechanics (including punctuations), style, or format (MLA). Note: every sentence contains at least on error. Do not simply omit the parts of the sentence with the error, but provide a complete revision, one that preserves the sentence’s original meaning.
1) To err is human, to forgive is divine, for this reason you should be open-minded about other people’s fault.
2) The sporting goods store which is at the corner is having a sale on hockey equipment.
3) As a result talks between players, and owners, broke down no new talks have been scheduled.
4) Last night a dinner was held to raise money for the flood victims, the dinner consisted of soup; a choice of fish or beef for the entrée and ice cream for dessert.
5) Last year winter was extreme and when spring arrived, finally, everyone was determined to enjoy as much of the good whether as they could.
6) Before another winter came blowing in; with blustery winds and sub-zero cold; everybody made sure that they’re parkas, gloves and boots ready.
7) It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Looking back on the past however things seem as uncertain and chaotic as ever.
8) Murray Sinclair and A. C. Hamilton, “Since the time of earliest contact, Aboriginal people and European settlers have seen things from vastly different points of view because their attitudes and philosophies differed. The interaction between the two groups has been characterized as one of ‘cooperation and conflict but, more importantly, by misconception and contradictions” (p. 368). And also, “At first, these differences had minimal impact on most Aboriginal people.” (p. 368).
9) The store, that is the corner, is having a sale on eggs. Down the street at Sobeys the price of meat is going up; this is bad, my loan doesn’t come in for 3 weeks. Which is even worse.
10) Looking out the window the sun is shining. I think its going to be an extremely nice day.
yes, home work[
Last edited by 5jj; 20-Mar-2014 at 06:04. Reason: unnecessary quote delete