Talking Please check my presentation

Here is my one-minute speech I'm going to make in the speech contest, so it is of great importance. Please have it checked to make it more approciate.Thank you very much!
    I love English
    Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.The speech I'm going to make today is"I love English".
    I've started to learn English since I was at grade six in elementary school. From then on, I took great interest in learing Enlish. I always looked forward to having English classes , I could get high point in the examination. But I love not lonly for my good results in exams but the language itself.
    Above all , from my perspective, some English is the most widely used language throughout the world. Many articles are written in Enlgish, I can learn a lot from these articles through English.So I think English serves as a medium between me and the information.
    Secondly English is such a beautiful language that I'm always merged in it.Take English songs for example.I enjoy listening to them, even sometimes dancing to them, and singing to them. In my opinion, it's a good way to keep me from stress after tending myself to my homework.
    Thirdly I like to talk in English with my foreign friends at English coner.Although I'm a person with few word, I feel like speaking English in my daily life. I think I regain confidence in myself while I speak English.It sounds ridiculous, but it's true.
    In the long term,English plays a more and more important part in my life.I look on it as one of my old friends, and I do hope there'll be more and more people make friends with English. Thank you

Re: Please check my presentation

HI!
    There are some mistakes in your speech, concerning grammar and vocabulary. That's the corrected version:
    Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.The speech I'm going to give today is called "I love English".
    I started to learn English when I was at the 6th grade in elementary school. From then on, I took great interest in learing Enlish. I have always looked forward to having English classes, so I could get high point in the examination. But I love it not only for my good results in exams I like the language itself.
    Above all, from my perspective, English is the most widely used language throughout the world. Many articles are written in Enlgish, and I can learn a lot from these articles. So I think English serves as a medium between me and the information.
    Secondly English is such a beautiful language that I'm always merged in it.Take English songs for example.I enjoy listening to them, even sometimes dancing to them, and singing with them. In my opinion, it's a good way to keep me from stress after tending myself to my homework.
    Thirdly I like to talk in English with my foreign friends at English coner.Although I'm a person with few word, I feel like speaking English in my daily life. I think I regain confidence in myself while I speak English.It sounds ridiculous, but it's true.
    In the long term,English is going to play more and more important part in my life.I consider it as one of my old friends, and I do hope there'll be more and more people who will study English. Thank you

Phrases in italics i didn't understand.

HOpe it will help,
    Victoria